Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Things you shouldn't lick

When I was a freshman in college, I watched a news segment as it was broadcast in the dining hall; it was very unappetizing and all about how filthy handbags are. The newscaster said something along the lines of: "It would be safer to drink out of a toilet at Disney Land than let your handbag, and its millions of germs, come into contact with body orifices or open wounds."

Of course, being a frequent user of public transportation, this was not news to me, but it did make me think a little more seriously about the following:
  • Putting luggage/handbags on beds, countertops, tabletops, and yoga mats.
  • Putting luggage/handbags on floors in restaurants, trains, bathrooms, school, and essentially everywhere else. And,
  • How frequently I wash my hands after handling a handbag.
It is for this reason that I find it completely warranted that I just said to my roommate, as he looped one of my handbags over where I have my towel hanging, "Ohmygosh, remove that immediately! Do not put a handbag on something that I use to dry my vagina!"

He looked appalled. We both did, actually. But I'd just washed that towel!

P.S. You can substitute the word "cat" for "handbag" throughout this post and the sentiments in no way change.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, cats aren't dirty! Oney just wants to be friends.

    ReplyDelete