Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thirsty

I'm a gin woman and in the last two weeks I've had two delicious gin cocktails that I can't stop thinking about.

B.A.N.K.
The Westin
88 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402



B.A.N.K. features an array of comfortable seating. Sit bar-side, kitchen-side, at a table or sprawled in one of their many lounge areas. Drink the Gin Drop- gin with hints of lime and ginger. It's wonderfully refreshing, perfectly tart and is served in a martini glass.

Bistro Du Midi
272 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116

Order the Canadaire. This cocktail is spectacular and is made from tarragon infused gin and lime juice. Like the Gin Drop, it's incredibly refreshing but the Canadaire is a little sweeter, though it still maintains an air of sophistication. Also, it must be said that Bistro Du Midi has, hands down, the best olive oil I have ever tasted in my entire life. A friend accurately described it as tasting like a lush meadow, and I agree completely.

I highly recommend these two drinks to anyone who happens to love gin and is in either metropolitan area. Even if you don't choose to have my recommended cocktails, you're sure to have a wonderful time. And please, let me know what your favorite [gin] cocktails are- I love to explore new libations!

No comments:

Post a Comment