Monday, January 25, 2010

Why did it take me so long to hear about this girl?

I'm very newly obsessed with Janelle Monae. Not only does the girl have the moves and the voice to capture the attention of her audience, she also has fantastic style, bringing an eccentric new flair to female-androgyny. If Andre 3000 were to have a twin sister, she would be Janelle Monae.



I love how she operates outside the realm of reality, insisting that her listeners engage in her sci-fi world as they enjoy her music and are immersed in an imaginative space that is truly original. Few performers have the ability to pull off such an avant-garde persona, but she seems able to rock it and she's only 25. I'm smitten.



AND, SHE LOVES BOW TIES!
For more, check out her website.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy you've been introduced to JM! Once I heard her music a couple years ago, I've been hooked on her as well! You have to see her live performances!!! Unforgettable experience!

    ReplyDelete