Friday, March 12, 2010

Listen to this:


Probably because I'm tragically materialistic and possessive about my things, I still buy CDs. I like the tangibility and being able to put all my music on display as if to say, Look, here is my music collection! Also, I'm terrified of my computer dying (in which case my life would very quickly fall to pieces) and losing everything in iTunes (though I'm not a complete idiot and of course back everything up). In an effort to deter that from ever happening, I live like it's 1990 and trek out to Best Buy whenever I want a new album. Earlier this week I did just that and finally bought The Persuit, Jamie Cullum's newest record. Now, I adore Jamie Cullum- always have- and I've listened to the new album a couple times straight through and, as per usual, I'm thoroughly impressed with his arrangements and the way in which he makes jazz truly modern. As it stands, my favorite song is If I Ruled The World, which is quintessentially romantic but still maintains an air of lightheartedness.

Anyway, get the album. It's good. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment