Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Only Boring Games are Bored" -Betty Draper, I think



I went out to Petit Robert Bistro with some creative professionals last night- the kind of people who get to swear a lot with their clients and show up to the office in stretch pants and mismatches accessories. One woman in our company mentioned that she and her husband had been thinking about buying a board game to keep them from spending every night out at a bar, and went on to say that they'd read interesting things about Settlers of Catan. At the sound of that name I light up like a dried out Christmas tree doused in gasoline as I sang its praises.

My friends and I started playing Settlers of Catan our sophomore year of college, and while it won't completely abate your drinking, it will move it to a more cost effective venue (namely your living room) where your bed is jut down the hall.

1 comment:

  1. It's such a stressful game. I don't like competition when I usually lose.

    ReplyDelete