Monday, March 15, 2010

My charmed life is about to get charmier

I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am that my roommate has finally learned to consistently refill the ice trays! There is nothing more disappointing than pouring a drink only to find that the only thing frozen in the freezer is the edamame I bought last July.

I'm also incredibly happy because the rest of this week is going to be beautiful. Here are the things I'm most looking forward to as the weather warms and the days get longer:
  • Long walks with my pipe through Boston's various green spaces
  • Lying on the grass and looking up at the sky through chlorophyll enriched leaves- the contrast between green and blue is so absolutely heavenly!
  • Sidewalk cafes
  • Drinking minty mojitos at sidewalk cafes and getting a suntan while I'm doing it
  • Dresses, light jackets, and summer footwear
  • Sunday mornings at the SoWa market
  • Sleeping with all the windows open
  • Grilling/grilled foods (chicken, burgers, peaches, zucchini, pizza, tomatoes, etc.)
  • That pleasant evening air that isn't quite hot but isn't cold either... it's just perfect
  • Driving with the windows down
  • Reading in the sunshine
The list could go on and on and on, but I'll stop before I get too caught up in daydreaming about the next couple months. But it's quite nice, daydreaming- especially when the weather is crap and you've been sitting in wet boots all day...

1 comment:

  1. COUNT ME IN for mojitos. I love them. They're all I drank in Puerto Rico!

    ReplyDelete