Monday, February 15, 2010

Displaced nostalgia

It's not like I was alive in the heyday of the typewriter, and I never had a personal connection with one, so it's strange that my brand new vintage Olympia typewriter makes me feel so creative, productive and nostalgic for a time I never had. It probably has something to do with the fact that it's not connected to the internet.

The decision was difficult, but after a trip to Cambridge Typewriter, I decided on a beautiful machine that will really strengthen my finger muscles.

The final three, all with yellow pages filled with my lunatic ramblings to get a feel for the keys and style of the font.

It's beautiful!

I'm still in the honeymoon stage, and I don't know it well enough yet to give it an actual name, (though I don't encourage you, dear reader, to embark on a honeymoon phase with anyone without knowing their name) but I do know one thing for sure: this is love. A beautiful, clacking, dinging love!

1 comment:

  1. Kate! It is beautiful! I wish you the best of luck in your creative endeavors. Also: I enjoy that you considered the fonts - more important than anything else I think because you'll be seeing it a lot.

    ReplyDelete