Saturday, February 27, 2010

On my impending doom

If you stop hearing from me, it's just because I'm dead.

No, no, I'm not going through some bout of depression, nor am I under the influence of any mind-altering drugs. It's just that, in the midst of my insomnia this morning, my agonizing wakefulness was disturbed by the beeping of my carbon monoxide detector. It only happened twice, and it only 'chirped' (that's the technical term used on the back of the device) three times, which is indicative of a device malfunction, or something. But it was annoying- so annoying!- so my roommate and I sleepily decided it was best to deactivate the device and go back to our respective slumbers (or lack thereof).

I'm well aware of how ridiculous this is, but I dare you to try sleeping when you keep thinking, what if I'm actually going to die of carbon monoxide poisoning because I tinkered with the alarm? It's difficult, I assure you. So I opened my window, which really didn't help to abate my paranoia. So now I'm just awake, and have the re-activated device sitting next to me. At least I think it's working now- but just in case it's not and I do in fact have gas that I cannot see or smell filling my lungs and killing me, please know that I love you, dear reader.

Goodbye?

1 comment: