Monday, February 8, 2010

My Future Boyfriend

It's weird, I know, but at some point in my life I want to date a Foley artist. I'm not sure why seeing as the only other people who sit alone in small rooms are usually there by force and as punishment for some horrific wrongdoing. It's just that I imagine Foley artists have a really sensual attention to detail and would be really interesting to talk to. Like, they'd notice the little things- the noise of a mosquito hovering near the lamp, the way the ground quivers ever so slightly when the train goes past, or the way the spine of a hardcover cracks the first time it's opened. Someone who delights in such minute details must be a fascinating person, and someone who can recreate them with strange objects like aluminum foil, crunching masking tape and breaking celery sticks must be doubly interesting.



This Grey Goose commercial is, in my amateur opinion, a work of true Foley mastery. Even now, on this freezing February evening, I half believe I'm sailing somewhere off The Cape and am about to drink a crisp, refreshing glass of Grey Goose as I snack on fresh oysters and get a suntan. Literally, the sound in this commercial makes my mouth water and toes tingle as they're kissed by splashing sea foam. SO HOT!

If you feel so inclined, I suggest you watch the other Grey Goose commercials as well. They're good, too, but not as good as this one.

(And yes, I agree- Ketel One is better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment