Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's completely my fault, but still...

I use my college email address to get Facebook updates and the IndieBound newsletter, not to send the blueprints for overseas attacks or instructions on how to prepare the next chemical weapon, so why, after four years of having the same username and password, was I asked to choose a new one? And not just choose a new password, but drastically change it to be something that can no longer be recognized as an actual word?

Look, every time my school emails me, especially now that I'm no longer an actual student, I ignore it. I don't care about the poetry reading in the back of the bookstore or about the boy who won a dance scholarship or whatever. And whenever the mail is tagged by the school as important, it usually isn't, so forgive me for not taking their emails seriously.



Moral of the story, I failed to change my password in the alloted time, and am now locked out from my email. You may be asking, "But if you only use it to get Fb updates, then what does it matter?" Well, I lied. I have a few friends who email me at that address and suddenly I am paralyzed with fear that they're all sending me news of wedding bells, concert tickets and/or party invitations.

Guess I have a date with IT this afternoon because I have to make an actual appearance on campus to get this thing sorted out. So thank you, dear college, for making my life more complicated. I'm glad you care so much about my email protection, but I'd rather you spend my tuition money on something else, like actually getting the correct course books stocked in the library.

OKBYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment